- Download.lk: Windows 7 Activator
- Fl studio 10 full version download free download
- VDownloader Plus 5.0.3949 With Crack
- Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community
- Spss 20 Free Download - CNET Download
- About - Plus Development
- Vegas Pro free download, Vegas Pro 12.0.394 free download
- "Pinnacle Studio 23.1 Ultimate Crack Free Patch Full
- Pinnacle Studio 17 Plus and Ultimate Revealed: Naylor
- Free download pinnacle studio 11.1 update Download
Registration key free SageThumbs 18.104.22.168 download
Smart-Serials - Serials for Pinnacle Studio 12 Pro unlock with serial [HOST] number smadav pro dibawah ini dapat Anda gunakan untuk. Studio One 1. Create professional quality midi music without a keyboard. I need the pinnacle studio 12 serial number - Pinnacle Dazzle Video Creator Platinum () Video Capture Posted by adriennelynn on Sep 27, Want Answer 0. Updates are issued periodically and new results might be added for this applications from our community. Some of the effects rival the Video Toaster or even broadcast quality. Keil-uvision 8.12 key code generator. You also get 24-track frame-accurate editing, 1800+ effects, key frame-based effects.
- Free guida pinnacle studio 11 plus download Download
- Thawng Za Lian: A Sung Um Mi Pawl, Hawl Nuamnak A Si
- Pinnacle Studio Plus - ( v. 12 ) - complete package Series
- Pinnacle Studio 16 Ultimate
- Pinnacle Studio MovieBox Plus - video input adapter
- Pinnacle Studio 9.3 Free Download - The Best Blog
Patch smart Serials: Your serial numbers database
Tell his story through selective high-definition video set, stunning effects, smooth transitions and animations, sound, Dolby DIGITAL 5.1 and technology company Abida (used in most of the. Registered Studio users can upgrade to Plus for only $69 and Ultimate for $ We tested the Ultimate version. This tool supports multiple audio and video formats. Amazon.com: Pinnacle Hollywood Fx Plus for Studios Version 8.0 https://ya-pilot.ru/download/?file=1186. MatchWare Mediator v8.0 Newtek LightWave3D v9.5 Win32 & Win64 Tarcan Dynamite Pro v1.1 for LightWave Jetstream FX v1.14 for LightWave Rope Editor Plus v1.01 for LightWave Trueart EasySplit v2.0 for LightWave Worley Labs FPrime v2.0 for LightWave. Get coupon code on Pinnacle Studio 22 and Buy Now professional software with discount. Peavey Revalver Mark Iii-redt Om] serial maker.
Cracks Qila - Page 3 of 9 - Free Crack Apps one Click Away
Hi, i am having trouble with my. Operating System Windows Vista. Pinnacle studio 12 free download - Pinnacle Studio 20 Plus, Pinnacle Studio 20 Ultimate, Pinnacle Studio Pro, and many more programs. With the release of Studio Plus version 10, there are even more reasons to consider this program as your entry-level editor of choice. Pinnacle Studio 22 Ultimate Crack is the best video adjusting improvement tool which allows you to change your tracks allow all of them a fabulous look. MusicTime Deluxe for Windows 4.0. FREE Download Pinnacle Studio 12 ULTIMATE Cracked.
Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Pinnacle Studio Plus Version 12
Programs download cracked - Over 1000000 downloads in 90 this website. Join mychoice and be treated like a Rewards and mychoice are now one - and the rewards are bigger and better than can earn access to exclusive events and experiences at more than 35 destinations across the country, priority check-in at hotels and guaranteed. Download now the serial number for pinnacle All serial numbers are genuine and you can find more results in our database for pinnacle software. The official website for Corel products. Pc-check 6.21 serials key. Pinnacle Studio Plus (v. 12) - box pack - 1 user 82101006021. Easy DVD Creator 2.5.10 - Full Version + Crack.
Serial key download Accelerator Plus Premium 10 Full Mediafire Crack
Activation code head-To-Head Review. HD Video Editing Software Packages
FREE Download DJ Studio Pro 10 Full Version - Merupakan software DJ (Disk Jockey) yang berguna untuk memberikan efek mixing pada musik yang dimainkan. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Pinnacle Studio Plus Version 12 at [HOST] Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. You have many new affects with FX Plus. Studio 7 and 8 are notorious for being unstable but if you can get them to work right, the addition of FX Plus will make your editing even more enjoyable.
Free pinnacle studio 23 plus download Download
The Pirate City Provides Cracks, Serial Keys, Patches, Activators, Keygens, For Any Pc Software Without Surveys. The primary executable is named [HOST] The setup package generally installs about files and is usually about MB (1, bytes). Pinnacle studio 12 plus keygen accelerator. Pinnacle Themes Winter Pack For Pinnacle Studio 12 serial. Code: Simple, yet powerful tool helps you create high-quality HD movies you can directly upload to YouTube, DVD or mobile devices. Additional fully-integrated pro audio and video tools give you complete control over the quality and style of your video for superior results. Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 22.214.171.124 + Crack Free Download.
A season to fix sunsetting
I made a post on this topic a few days ago with some preliminary ideas and I have fleshed them out into the outline of a season that I think would help solve the sunsetting issue.
First some changes that would stay long after the season has ended:
- A weapon or piece of armors lifespan has been extended to two years rather than one
- Every activity avaliable in game has relevant loot
- A weapon has two years from the season it was acquired to be sunset, minus pinnacle/ritual weapons that have two years from the season they were introduced in. -> If I got a Nation of Beasts in Season 12 it would sunset during Season 19, but if someone else got a Nation of Beasts in Season 13 it would sunset in Season 20
Ada-1 has returned to her room in the tower with new quests and loot to obtain. While she doesn’t bring forges with her, she brings means to get even more powerful weapons.
- Black Armory scavenger missions. Each week Ada-1 will offer a quest for a primary, energy, and power weapon. With the first week of the season there will only be one weapon in each category, the second week adds one more, third adds another, and so on. (Basically each week 3 new weapons are added to the quest pool)
- The new scavenger mission will have you kill a specific boss for the type of mission it is (primary, energy, heavy). The boss will then drop a map which will lead you to a chest with a new weapon in it.
- These can be done multiple times a week although you will only get a powerful reward for the first time you complete a hunt for each weapon slot, but you can farm the hunts if you’d like.
- The whole point of this is to add roughly 30-40 new weapons throughout the season to bolster the amount of avaliable guns.
- There will be new weapon archetypes such as a double barrel shotgun, and rocket launchers that can hold 3 in the magazine intrensicly. (Not sure how to spell that)
- There will also be a new raid where you can earn Black Armory Accelerators. These drop in legendary, exotic, and obsidian rarities. They allow you to “prestige” a weapon to add one, two, or three seasons to its lifespan respectively. Again this can only be used on non pinnacle/ritual weapons, OR it can be used to bring a previously sunset weapon up from years prior. Looking at you Kindled Orchid
- The lore behind the raid is that Siviks and Spider have an estranged brother, Velsik, who intends to conquer the Cosmodrome for himself. The raid will see you going deep into the Cosmodrome wasteland, taking out his commanders one by one until you reach Velsik himself.
- The raid exotic will be “Kell’s Dawn”. A Solar shotgun that works somewhat like a scorch cannon. When shot normally it shoots a pellet that burns targets over time. The closer the target, the stronger the burn. But holding the trigger will charge the shotgun, consuming all loaded shells, to a max of 5, to shoot a solar blast dealing damage to any enemy in a cone around you.
[Lords of Terra] The "Higgen's" Landing Boat LCVP-S
The "Higgen's" Landing Boat LCVP-SThe Higgen's boat, officially LCVP-S Mk 1 Mod C, has been in service for fifteen years. For that same 15 years, the Patriarchy has flatly refused to authorize a new mark, or even mods, insisting that the existing craft is both sufficient and inexpensive enough to outweigh any other argument that improvements are needed.
In the face of this intransigence, TFAFMC Operations, Analysis, and Procurement are hampered by being unable to make any changes that support the Marine Corps requirements. Without the financial backing of the Patriarchy, which is one of their important functions, the Marine Corps is stymied. This does not sit well with anyone. Least of all, the Procurement Officer, General Anson R. Davis, who is catching flak from everyone for not convincing the Patriarchy to fund the necessary development.
His temper has worn thin, and it shows.
|1||1-5||I||—||$50 K (each)||Initial purchase.|
|2||1-5||I||A||$50 K (each)||First run successful. Mods approved.|
|3||1-5||I||B||$50 K (each)||Mod A successful. Mods approved.|
|4||1-5||I||C||$50 K (each)||Mod B successful. Mods approved.|
|5||1-5||I||C||$50 K (each)||Mod C successful. No doctrine changes. Mods denied.|
|6||1-5||I||C||$50 K (each)||Mod C successful. No doctrine changes. Mods denied.|
|7||1-5||I||C||$50 K (each)||Mod C successful. No doctrine changes. Mods denied.|
- Vendor clearly states that subsequent mods are not possible. A new Mark is required to fully integrate the existing mods, update the design, and allow subsequent mods. Patriarchy refuses mods and new marks.
- Vendor warns decreasing capability, increasing enemy threat, increasing injuries to troops. Patriarchy refuses mods and new marks.
- Vendor reprimanded for repeated alarmist warnings of decreasing capability and increasing threat—reports of increased injuries blamed on the manufacturer.
- Cadence break. The vendor insists on presentation and review despite new marks/mods being denied.
Five Year Review: Mark 1 Mod C: Run 7Despite the adamant position of the Patriarchy, General Motors Thiokol — represented by it's President and Chairman of the Board, Apollo Pauling — has insisted on this review. The review is pointless because there can be no purchasing changes without authorization for funds from the Patriarchy.
- Davis, Anson R., General TFAFMC Procurement
- Fielder, Rosen, Captain TFAFMC Operations
- Pauling, Apollo, GMT President
- Ashedown, Matthias, Patriarch - Declined Attendance
- Coombes, Jonathan, Patriarch - Declined Attendance
NOPATRIARCH permitted as no patriarch was present for the review. Per standard procedure, the report is automatically classified.Pauling and Davis look at each other. They used to be good friends. Davis was frequently invited to the Pauling's for dinner, or just drinks and company. That friendship has eroded over the last fifteen years, as pressure from all sides has grown, demanding changes to the LCVP-S, which the Patriarchy refuses to fund.
Everyone attending this meeting knows that the Patriarchy is not going to authorize any changes.
Apollo Pauling, President of GMT, opens the presentations.
"May we begin our presentation?"
General Davis looks at him through veiled eyes. "On one condition."
"General, we were not informed of any conditions."
"Mr. Pauling, this condition is mine and is one that you are fully familiar with, regardless of the present attempt to circumvent my condition. You are permitted speech and plain text to make your presentations. You are not permitted to use slides or, as I suspected, movies. The true purpose of this is to glaze the eyes of the Patriarchy until they are willing to sign for anything. No. Movies."
"Davis! Our marketing people put a lot of work into..."
"...Empty promises that they do not have to keep. Only blame your engineers when they don't deliver, then ask for more money to fix the problem. There is no more money. Save your movie for someone who can afford to have their brains numbed, or better yet, get Ashedown and Coombes to watch it. If you can glaze their eyes into signing a contract, I'm all for it. Absent that, spoken word, hard report with test results, or go talk to someone else. I've got nothing to do, and nothing to do with it if I did, except sit here and watch my career die while your company goes bankrupt."
"Fine, here's the short and sweet. We still make the least expensive, most reliable landing craft in the entire universe. Aside from enemy action, we have never lost a shipment of troops or resupply sent by this method. Your requirements haven't changed in the last fifteen years, which we both know is bullshit. Our design people have been after you for upgrades for the last ten years, which you know are necessary. Our safety people have been after you for the last five years to update your specs in light of the number of troops you have down due to spinal injuries, which have nothing to do with the landing craft, and everything to do with how you choose to abuse them."
With a distinct hint of finding sour grapes in the middle of your apple pie. "The landing craft or the men?"
"YES!" The reply of another honorable man, also at the end of his rope.
In an attempt at reconciliation, Davis explains what he thinks Pauling already knows. He's partly right. "Apollo... Look. I'm catching this from three sides. I agree with you. Our own analysis and operations people agree with you. Both sets have been hammering me like it's my fault that the Patriarch's refuse to fund these changes. Except the Patriarchs, all of us agree is necessary, prudent, and entirely affordable within the real budget. The 'public' budget is a bald-faced lie. You know that I know that, the Patriarch's know that. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reach anyone within the Patriarchy who is willing to listen. It's always 'talk to Ashedown.' Note that: it's always 'talk to Ashedown.' Now, you tell me why that should be so."
"I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad. Ashedown has something on the others, or at least enough on the right others to block everyone, but... You do have the right to contract for an improvement."
Davis rages, although it's directed at the Patriarchs who refused to show up. It may be just as well that they haven't. This would have gotten Davis discharged. "I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY FOR THAT! The damned blind Patriarchs cut our budget, AGAIN! I've barely got enough to buy replacements for the pods we've used. I don't even have the money for this damned review that you insisted on! I'm going to have a budget overrun, for which the Patriarchs will have me finely grilled over a slow smokey fire! AND YOU KNEW THAT BEFORE YOU EVEN ASKED FOR THIS REVIEW, WHICH I AM LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO HOST AND PAY FOR! For the love of GOD! WHY DID YOU DO THIS!?" The aggrievement in his voice is strong.
Pauling' next words, for all that they are spoken softly, carry much more grief than Davis' words. "Because my son, Lance Corporal Icarus Pauling, will never walk again."
Davis is stunned. "Oh, God..." He has known Icarus since he was born. "I'm so sorry, Apollo. Deneb VI?"
"Yes." Pauling sounds more normal, but you can still see the pain. "That's also why I asked you to have Captain Fielder here. She analyzed the entire operation."
"I know." For all that they were at each other's official throats moments ago, and despite the estrangement, they are still the friends they have always been. The stress of the last 15 years has eaten into both of them. "I've been flogging that report all over the Tower. The Patriarchs. Do. Not. Care. It has driven me to some thoughts of... No. I will not go there. No matter how much they deserve it."
With sour humor, Pauling responds. "Yes... I'd like to do something like that too, but there's always more where the last set of shits came from."
"It's not supposed to be this way. The Patriarchs are supposed to clean house when someone has gone too far. I know that Ashedown is the major blocker. I think Coombes is okay, but he's junior to Ashedown, so his options are cramped.
For the first time, Captain Rosen Fielder (TFAFMC Ops) speaks. "Actually, General Davis? I'm here to present you with a solution. We get new, better pods. GMT gets an upgrade contract. We don't have to pay any extra money for the next five years. By that time, we'll have the hard data that we can use to hammer any Patriarch that even thinks about not paying the full price after that."
Davis is curious but cautious. "And how does that work?"
"We declassify the old model."
"Declassify it? On what grounds?"
"The Deneb VI event. The squids got their hands on a large portion of the craft, mostly intact after their fire knocked it out of the sky just as the troops were ejected. It was the botched ejection, due to enemy action, that caused all the casualties. The damned squids were laughing at us when they sent our boys back. See! We can shoot you down now! Since they can do that, the landing craft system is no longer acceptable to the Corps. Which means there is no market for it within the entire government."
Becoming more animated as he understands the ramifications, Davis nods his head. "And once there is no market within the government, it's dead easy to get it declassified. Okay, I see how that works. Apollo? You plan to make a civilian model?"
"Yes. At ten times what the government will pay. It'll last longer, be capable of limited movement — as far as civilians are concerned — and be reusable for no less than 30 sorties. The extra money will go to replacing the Corps model with a vastly improved system.
"Translate that into Corps terms. It'll last longer, drop the troops right where they need to be, and allow both strategic and tactical advantages that your OpAn people have been begging for, for the last ten years, while the Patriarchs partied the budget away. Best of all, for the first five years of production, your existing budget will cover the portion of manufacturing costs not already covered by what GMT has already agreed to put into the project. We'll even convince the Patriarchs to allow us to cover the costs of this review since it means they won't have to pay for it.
"Strangely enough, we appreciate the TFAF and want you guys to live longer."
Captain Fielder continues, "There is an additional factor. I came into this position two years ago. One year ago, my grandfather, Lord Freidrich Fielder, ascended to the Lords of Terra upon his father's death. We now have an advocate inside the Lords of Terra."
Davis sat straight up at that; it's a complete game-changer. "An advocate in the Lords of Terra... Tell me more!"
General Motors Thiokol PresentationClassified: JUNEAU / RIGGED
LCVP-S Mk 1 Mod C: "Higgen's"
|Per Unit Cost||$50,000 (Fixed Price)|
|Launch G||max 2G|
|Land G||std 5g impulse 20G|
|Suit G||(see Corps STDs)|
DescriptionThe GMT Higgens Lander is the pinnacle of reliable troop delivery from any Military Base with access to an IG Magrail (GMN). Anywhere in the galaxy, in the shortest time possible, at the least cost. They are inexpensive because they do not need stellar drive, need only minimal fuel, provide only minimal life support, and are guaranteed to deliver the troops in a functional condition at the LZ.
Concept of OperationsTroops are loaded at their base into the lander in any one of it's 185 different configurations. The lander is then loaded into an IG Magrail and launched to the target planet. The Launch acceleration load never passes 2G sustained.
No acceleration is experienced during travel phase, no artificial gravity is provided, and minimal life-support to augment Corps suit life-support. Corps suits land with full life-support capacity.
During landing phase, the sustained load is 5G. There may be impulse loads to 20G for evasive maneuvers or enemy fire. The majority of deceleration is achieved by aerobraking.
During LZ approach, the craft steers towards the LZ but never exactly at the LZ. This allows deception of LZ up to the point that the suits are ejected. Preventing a pre-targeted bombardment is viewed as a positive benefit.
At suit ejection, transient G loads may peak at 15 G, but the sustained ejection load is 10G. This is essential to separate the suit from the lander in the most expeditious manner possible. Getting the troops on the ground quickly is seen as a positive benefit as it reduces their exposure to enemy fire.
After suit ejection, the craft will self-destruct some distance from the LZ as a deception and safety measure. The enemy may assume that their fire has destroyed the craft and write off the troops.
Total destruction of the craft is seen as a positive benefit as it removes any chance that the enemy may capture TFAF tech or that the deployed troops need to recover any equipment.
- Recent developments in hostile capabilities have rendered some of these statements invalid, but without sufficient time to revise the presentation. Safe delivery cannot be guaranteed with the existing Mark I Mod C "Higgens" craft.
- The destruct system to ensure the complete dissolution of the craft is capable of damaging a suit if the suit is too close. Care must be taken to ensure sufficient separation before destruct. Regular upgrades are required to reduce the chances of enemy fire triggering the destruct too soon. This is a known issue that GMT is unable to remedy without development of at least a new mod, if not an entire mark.
- For the last three runs, GMT has repeatedly informed the Patriarchy that without upgrade, the degradation of capability due to enemy advances would reach this point. See Appendix A: Record of Communications with Patriarchy.
- The Patriarchy has seen fit to issue a reprimand for alarmist behavior. General Motors Thiokol rejects that reprimand as inappropriate, unworthy, and false.
- General Motors Thiokol categorically refuses to continue production of a system that is proven unsafe in any combat zone due to enemy advances.
- General Motors Thiokol categorically refuses to accept responsibility for any injuries incurred over the last three runs even remotely attributable to equipment failure as they were potentially avoidable given sufficient funding. Any responsibility for injuries lies squarely and properly on the individuals responsible for refusing to fund any improvement of capability for the last 15 years.
Proposed ReplacementLCVP-S Mk 1 Mod D: "Deneb"
Classified: JUNEAU / RIGGED
|Reuse||Up to 50 times|
|Version||Mk 1 Mod D|
|Per Unit Cost||$50,000 (Fixed Price)|
|Launch G||max 2G|
|Entry G||Std 5g / Emg Ev. 20G|
|Land G||Max 2g|
|Flight Gp||Std up to 5g max 20g|
|Arms & Armament||Grade 5 Armor & point defense.|
- Absent battle or excessive G landing damage, without refurbishment reuse is limited to 25 times; with refurbishment reuse up to 50 times is the maximum possible without major refitting. Major refitting is deemed too expensive, so recycling is recommended. All parts must meet original standards or better before being reused. With damage of any sort, individual evaluation by trained technicians is required.
- With OpAn deletion of evasive and eject objectives, a full power landing is available. Relaunch for interstellar requires an IG Magrail; absent IG Magrail, a recovery vehicle of sufficient size must be dispatched.
- The deletion of the evasive and eject objectives also release mass/volume for life support expansion.
- The fixed price is ONLY for the first five years of this Mark/Model. After that period, GMT will insist on a new contract to purchase the new craft at a fair market value T.B.D. to cover all production costs, plus 10% to cover development and manufacturing costs of the previous 5 years not recovered by production of the civilian version.
- Subsequent runs will include only FMV production costs.
- With full flight, the suits need to cover the Launch, Entry, Land, and Flight requirements, with the proviso, the occupant is strapped into a properly designed chair oriented to resist in all four conditions those G forces. GMT does not propose to dictate the operational design of the TFAFMC Suit systems.
- Up to two G landings are possible without damage. Landings beyond 2 g and up to 5 g are survivable, but the craft is damaged; mobility may be impaired. Landings beyond 5 g will incur injury, and the craft is no longer mobile.
- Sufficient flight capability is added that battlefield mobility is available, at both a tactical and planetary strategic level.
- The original Grade 3 armor is upgraded to Grade 5, increasing survivability in the event of a hit. In addition, the "Deneb" is now actively defended against incoming projectiles of sufficient size.
- Believing that our armed forces deserve the best possible systems, General Motors Thiokol has authorized expenditure of capital resources and private/personal resources to fund the development and production for the first five years.
TFAFMC Operational Analysis PresentationClassification: JUNEAU / RIGGED
See Also "Deneb VI Incident Report"
- At its inception, the GMT "Higgens" LCVP-S was the pinnacle of safe delivery of troops from any IG Magrail location to any other planet with sufficient atmosphere which is also suitable for humans to breath. Since those conditions cover 90% of the planets that we are likely to deliver troops to, this was an ideal solution.
- Since its inception, the "Higgens" has received three further upgrades, keeping it at the pinnacle of performance and gaining it a reputation for utter reliability.
- Over the last fifteen years, the "Higgens" — through no fault of GMT — has slowly fallen behind enemy capabilities. (See Appendix A: Vendor Recommendation Memos.)
- As the battlefield has evolved, the G-loads have increased to the point that our best troops must be withdrawn from service for extended medical treatment due to G-load-induced spinal issues after less than five drops. Troop landings are no longer safe.
- The indirect approach to the LZ is no longer of use. Enemy forces are fully aware of this and will even use it by attempting to destroy craft just as the troops are ejected.
- The attempted deception by destruction of the craft is no longer of use. Enemy forces are fully aware of this and discount it unless they are certain that their fire caused the craft's destruction.
- Our troops are not fungible goods. They are highly trained and very expensive. An experienced Private First Class has approximately $300 million in training. This disregards the experiential training from each action, which has a high, but ill-defined value.
- A single drop of ten troops is worth — in cold money terms — $3 billion dollars. Sending our best — and expensive — troops in a system that has become outdated, is no longer acceptable.
- Due to recent enemy developments (See "Deneb VI Incident Report"), the "Higgens" LCVP-S Mk I Mod C is no longer acceptable in any theater of operations.
TFAFMC Operational Recommendation
- Obsolete the existing "Higgens" Mk 1 Mod C.
- Purchase the upgraded "Higgens" Mk 1 Mod D, for the same price for the next five years.
- There are no additional costs.
- The design and tooling already exist, as GMT expected this development.
- GMT commendation for forward-thinking and willingness to support TFAFMC requirements.
TFAF Procurement Recommendation
- Accept TFAFMC Operational Recommendation in its entirety. Procurement is in complete agreement.
- As the existing "Higgens" Mk 1 Mod C no longer has any position in the TFAF or any other TF government agency, it is immediately declassified under Section 17678 / D / 1 / e "Transfer of Obsolete Technology to Civilian Sector" excepting only military systems such as "Ejection System, Suit, Single."
- See Appendix R for full list of excepted technology.
- See Appendix S for full list of released technology.
- GMT agrees to price lock-in at $50,000 for the next five years, at 1000 units per year.
- Budgetary concerns expressed by PAO can best be relieved by permitting GMT to repurchase the obsolete equipment at the same price so long as the obsolete equipment remains on our roster. This will alleviate TFAFMC's concerns regarding the ability to meet the rising demand for services without costing any additional funds.
- AT THE END OF THE FIVE YEAR AGREEMENT, A NEW PRICE PER UNIT MUST BE NEGOTIATED.
Private Conversation"Apollo? Do you think they'll actually buy this?"
"Ashedown? He won't even look at the fine print. A better system that (a) he doesn't have to pay for, (b) drains our resources, which he sees as money-grubbing from the government, and (c) that he figures he'll be able to twist our arm into continuing at the old price indefinitely? He'll be drooling over the contract when he signs it."
"What about Coombes?"
"You tell me. You're the one who has the good word for him. I've only seen him in company with Ashedown."
"Hm... I think I'll find a convenient method of meeting him in a semi-private location that is utterly unsuspected."
"I've got just the thing. My wife and I are hosting a soiree in three days. I will see to it that you are invited. I happen to know that Coombes has already accepted."
"What about Ashedown?"
"He's insulted too many honors by refusing to recognize new honors properly. He hasn't even noticed that he isn't receiving as many invites as previously."
"None so blind as will not see."
"Truth. You will arrange things so that Coombes and I can converse at length without drawing suspicion?"
"Easily done. Many at these parties are there for exactly the same reason. We'll simply arrange it that Coombes and yourself are not seen going in the same direction. The old mansion has many ways to reach certain rooms, and some of them are quite unknown."
"Do tell! I seem to remember chasing a young Icarus through some of those."
"Yes... He did enjoy playing in them. He also found out about them by quietly observing everyone around him. A still child is invisible. He has discovered that the same thing is true of an invalid in a hoverchair. No one wants to be rude by staring, so they err the other way and ignore him."
"That's got to be hard on him. Do you think he will be glad to see me?"
"After I explain what we're up to, he'll be ecstatic. Please, do try to raise his spirits; he's very depressed now."
"I've... had to deal with men under my command being invalided out, and extended my personal support to them once discharged. I can hardly fail to do the same for the son of a very good friend, whom I care about deeply."
"The friend or the son?"
The two part amicably, and even with some joy. The results of this review largely erased the last fifteen years.
First | Prev | Next